Friday, September 14, 2007

TV honors itself for the 59th time. That we know of.

The Emmy Awards are on THIS Sunday. As a lover of television and handsome men this is a pretty exciting awards show for me, although I think it is also the show that snubs the most deserving artists. Luckily it still features a few do-able dudes.

I think it's on Fox, but honestly, I'm too lazy to check right now so you can do like me and just look it up on your digital cable box. Ryan Seacrest is hosting. I don't feel excited about that at all. He's pretty to look at, it's true. But on American Idol, where I'm watching for a purpose other than him, it's ok to have a pretty boy host. With Ryan running the show at the Emmy's the other celebs are going to have to really step up their game to be interesting, cause I don't think Ryan is going to cut it.

Please, surprise me Ryan Seacrest. Introduce us to your secret male lover or something.

I also heard a rumor from US Weekly via Perez Hilton that Britney Spears is in negotiations with the Emmy peeps to give an official apology on air at this year's ceremony. Um, what? That would be so random and out of place. I hope that doesn't happen. She needs to just issue a press release and then never let it happen again. It's like what my mom used to say, "Don't say your sorry, just don't do it."

Anyway, here are come links for complete Emmy coverage. And, PS, I just checked and the awards are on Fox. Sometimes it's funny to me that they made it from the days of Cops and Married With Children to become an actual, nearly legitimate network. I digress. To the links!

EW.com (of course, my number one recommended stop)
The Official Primetime Emmy Site because it's official
E! Online
TV Guide (Plus, Michael Ausiello will have some scoopy red carpet video next week, I'm sure)

Since Friday Night Lights didn't score any of the top nominations which it so rightfully deserves, may the second best show on TV win big, whatever that may be.

No comments: