Sunday, June 10, 2007

8 Tony Awards Later...Have You Seen It Yet?

Spring Awakening, a show I've been, in a word, obsessed with since I first saw it in January has walked away the big winner at last night's Tony Awards, including Best Musical! Well deserved, see the show now because you'll want to see it again later. If you're anything like me, you'll want to see it over. And over. And over again. I already have tickets for later in the summer.

I enjoyed this years awards, especially because I was able to fast forward through all of those snoozy Coast of Utopia speeches. I think there should be more musical performances and perhaps even a few moments from plays - the awards are cool, but that's what the web is for. The Tony Awards are the one night Broadway really has to shine each year on such a national level. That said, I love all the gay people and their partners - even David Hyde Pierce, who only recently publicly came out of the closet, thanked his long time partner.
Love it.
Gay. Celebrity. Broadway. Nick'd. What a great way to spend a Sunday night.

No comments: